Vision, Mission & Values Statement
DeafHear.ie’s vision is of an inclusive society where Deaf and Hard of Hearing people are fully integrated, with equality of opportunity and participation. It is our role to make this Vision a reality by promoting the equal rights of Deaf and Hard of Hearing people and enhancing their life opportunities.
Our Mission is to achieve this Vision by:
- Developing and providing services fully accessible to Deaf and Hard of Hearing people and their families.
- Encouraging others to provide services fully accessible to Deaf and Hard of Hearing people and their families.
- Striving to make public and private sector organisations, and society at large, more Deaf aware.
Our Mission is carried out in accordance with DeafHear’s Core Values of:
- Respect for each individual Deaf and Hard of Hearing person and for their independence, dignity, autonomy and diversity.
- Commitment to communicating through the preferred communication choice of each individual Deaf and Hard of Hearing person.
- Recognition of Irish Sign Language as the preferred language of members of the Deaf community.
- Belief that Deaf and Hard of Hearing people and their families have the fundamental right to accessible services in all aspects of their lives.
- Professionalism in our services, characterised by high quality and accessibility, and inclusiveness of and respect for service users.
- Partnership in working with those who share our Vision and Mission.